Special Education Compliance, Management, IEP Development & Tracking
Dramatically simplify the management of exceptional child data, workflow processes, and compliance reporting, from birth to adulthood. BrightIdea takes your existing paper-based Special Education data management systems and brings them online, allowing you to meet both Part B and Part C requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 with less hassle.
Gather Data Effortlessly
No more chasing down student information district by district. Now each district can enter their exceptional child data online and submit it with the click of a button.
Automated Compliance Reporting
Forget about endless spreadsheets and data scrubbing. Ed Tech Soft’s BrightIDEA takes your data and compiles just the reports you need to meet federal compliance regulations.
The Power of Ed Tech Soft’s Unique ID
Never lose track of an exceptional child again. Ed Tech Soft’s Unique ID generator keeps every student organized regardless of how often they change districts. And their data goes with them.
Take your IEPs Online
Eliminate stacks of disorganized paper files and manila folders. Teachers can maintain a child’s entire IEP online and ensure the next teacher will find it on the first day.
BrightIDEA for States and Districts Alike
Reliable, efficient, and easy to use, BrightIDEA is distinctive from other special education management applications, as it uniquely manages student data with an unparalleled level of meeting both Part B and Part C requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004. Its simple user interface design, power to support countless complex processes, customizable compliance reporting capability and flexibility to easily update forms as local and federal regulations evolve make BrightIDEA the perfect solution to meet the needs of today’s state and district administrators, including:
- Director of Special Education
- District Data Stewards
- Special Education Department Chairs
- District Compliance Directors
- Special Education Service Providers
- District Compliance Specialists
- Special Education Teachers
No other Special Education solution collectively provides the features offered by BrightIDEA.
Today’s special education administrators are required to be increasingly accountable for the support provided to children with special needs. Yet, time spent preparing lengthy reports and training to use complicated systems could instead be spent managing the effectiveness of the support received.
The BrightIDEA intuitive user interface was specifically designed to decrease the time required to update student information, generate reports, and manage data, while increasing overall productivity. It can easily support data management and federal compliance reporting requirements with minimal training or lengthy start up periods for the average user.
Special Education providers should be able to satisfy the complex task of meeting the individual needs of each student, beginning with the initial screening process and ending with the delivery of services. The challenge for today’s administrators is that each student’s needs are different; at any given time they are managing numerous students in various stages of receiving support.
The key to sustaining productivity in this type of environment is to ensure that the right data is incorporated into the support system in a way that facilitates the management of large groups of students with individual needs. Powerful features of BrightIDEA, such as its graphical process-flow displays, IEP generation and validation, centralized data collection, Medicaid billing capabilities and customizable alerts, help keep educators and administrators informed at all times.
States and school districts have unique requirements for meeting compliance guidelines. Rather than prescribe a “one size fits all” approach to compliance, BrightIDEA acknowledges local differences and allows administrators to set up alerts within the system when deviations from typical processes occur. This in turn triggers intervention at the required time, without locking local users into an inflexible process that hinders their ability to complete their daily demands. In the event users generate errors requiring correction, administrators can easily reverse and resolve all inaccuracies to ensure compliance guidelines are met.
Changes in law, regulations or policies are frequent and inevitable and can often have a dramatic impact on the individuals and processes that support the special education system. Applications that are difficult and costly to update make an already challenging role that much more difficult. The BrightIDEA form designer makes it easy for special education administrators to keep up with these changes. Administrators can generate forms based on their own state or local standards, customize them to meet federal reporting needs and deploy them, all from right within the BrightIDEA application.
Key Features & Benefits
- Centralized data collection consolidates the vast array of state and district-level databases into one organized and comprehensive entity
- Highly secure intranet interface enables student portfolios – including IEPs – to be instantly accessible statewide
- BrightIDEA can be supplemented with Ed Tech Soft’s Unique ID solution to provide student records with unique identifiers and prevent data duplication with accurate student counts
- Student data can be managed from birth to twenty-six
- Parent and student access assists with progress monitoring and pre-meeting planning
- Decisive report creation and documentation applications available to meet Part B and Part C requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004
- Automated IEP generation and validation process with the integrated form assistant module
- Student forms are barcoded so parent responses can be scanned into a network copier, sent securely to BrightIDEA and automatically included in the student’s portfolio to capture parent and committee member signatures
- E-mail and SMS notifications available